Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Late Period Bloody Mucus
do not think any book that falls back on three days until the end of the year, so I think that this post close this section of books annually.
"I've read Gerona, Cádiz and Stubborn Juan Martin the National episodes of Galdós. The first, Gerona, I liked it because it spoke of the siege of the city and I really like the stories of sieges. Of course, the style of Galdós in this case was a little too literary and pazguatillo for what I was telling. For example, during the siege comes a time when people posed Canibaliasm, and a neighbor of the main character tries to eat the bride and siblings of the main character. Well, after a while comes a neighbor, comes with a little speech like, "oh, man, nature sometimes impels us to act in strange ways, can you believe it was not me who acted in such brutal way and I hope I do not hold a grudge. " And pulls, so friendly! Man, because I do not think so. Call me cynical, but I do not think so.
- also dropped Germinal, Zola. He had seen the film by Gérard Depardieu for a thousand years, but I got to read the book. And I do not understand how they can say that Zola, and Galdós belongthe same current literature, because they seem like an egg to a chestnut. I love that Galdós, eye, but is very picky compared to Zola. A Zola does not care to talk of breasts or the rollovers that stick miners and Galdós seems to write for young ladies from the provinces.
And just half an hour ago has fallen Claws and teeth, by Jo Walton. Was a gift from Dybbo . Arguably, it is a Victorian novel. The death of the patriarch of a gentry family brings unexpected changes for all children, especially for the three children, the young Avan, which is making its way into the city, and two sisters s
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment